Thursday, April 1, 2010

My 100th post: Still acting on my objectives

Hi guys,

This is my 100th blog post, and I would like to thank you all, and especially my mom, and God. Hahahaha! But seriously folks, I took some big steps toward my overall health goals this week.

1. I went for a "woman's" appointment
2. I saw a family doctor in Oakville (the only place I could get someone to see me)
3. Monday I will probably get blood tests done for cholesterol and all that stuff.

According to everyone (though my blood work hasn't been done yet), I am in great health, my blood pressure is perfect, and my weight is actually lower by a pound or so on their scales. On the scale yesterday, I was 168.5 with clothes and shoes on. Today, after eating breakfast, I was just under 170 without shoes but with clothes. So all this means I am about 168-169 or less. In any case, I am tracking my weight loss progress on the scale at home, so I have still lost the same amount. I have lost the equivalent of about 1 pound per week since I started, so that is totally healthy.

I walked to and from the doctor's office today, and yesterday I walked a total of about 1 hour. I will be playing squash tonight with my dad, and the doctor told me I would need some Tylenol for my sore arm (since I also got a booster shot - for tetanus and diptheria - for the first time since I was about 5).

I feel like I am really getting to where I want to be now that this is almost done. I will know exactly where I stand health-wise, and will be able to keep illness at bay by maintaining healthy eating habits and exercising.

I must say though that most of this is weather related. It is 15 degrees here, going up to 19 this afternoon, and really sunny. As soon as the weather started improving, I began walking everywhere. This is a real lifestyle change. I walked a lot before also, but out of necessity. Now, I am choosing to walk most places, and really enjoying it because it is an opportunity to think, relax and see things.

Also, I have crossed the halfway mark of my challenge. I am at Day 83, with 75 more to go until June 15th I think. I have lost almost all the weight I was aiming for, at 12 lbs so far. I need to get to 166 lbs (3 more to lose) by June 15th, so I think that's pretty doable. I am thrilled.

I have never been able to imagine myself as a "thin" person, and still can't, but I am amazed that I've gotten this far and am still motivated to get myself to where I want to be. I've never managed to get to a weight that I consider healthy, so it's pretty emotional for me to think about actually being happy with my body soon. At the rate I am going, I think (anticipated plateaus included) I should be able to get to 150 by about September or at least within 2010, and maybe even lower. We'll see whether I feel comfortable at that weight, or if I want to go further. For now, I imagine myself being "juste bien" at 150, with curves and a bit of chub so I don't look hard. I certainly do not ever want to become a "hardbody" ha!

Alright, have a great weekend, and eat lots of chocolates for me!!

No comments: