Friday, April 30, 2010

Not a total bust

Hey all!

So I've got great news and not-so-great news. Not-so-great news first.

I sprained my pinky playing volleyball yesterday. It sounds like nothing, except when you injure your pinky, you suddenly realize how much you actually use it. About two months ago I was thrown forward on a bus and sprained my other pinky. Not realizing it was a sprain (it wasn't as bad as this one), I kept poking at it, as we are wont to do with bruises...or at least I sure am. Of course it worsened, and only this week was feeling almost healed. Now that this one's healed, PAF! The other one is out and then some. So I've made a makeshift splint and am doing all the things the Internet told me to: putting it on ice a few times a day, keeping it elevated when I sleep and keeping in a splint. I will be okay hahaha!

Now for the great news: I weighed in at 164.0!! Today is my day off from the gym, so I can't even blame it secretly on water loss from sweating :) I do have to say that I didn't eat enough yesterday considering the amount of physical activity I did, but I'll explain. I ate my smoothie-cereal breakfast, leftovers for lunch, my sizeable nachos pre-volleyball (see picture, and note I tried my hands at hot peppers again, this time only jalapenos though and I did NOT burn my hands off!). After volleyball, after putting my hand in a splint and gettin gready to go out with my friend, it was 8 pm by the time we got to the cafe, and since you can't eat their meals in the shisha section, I just took a piece of marble cake and a mochaccino since that's all they have in the way of portable food. I felt satisfied, however, given the amount of activity I did yesterday, I should have had another meal with veggies and some fat and protein, but heck, that cake was yumsies!

I had crazy dreams that had me waking up at all hours of the night (thanks a lot caffeine!) I am feeling very happy and mellow though and am ecstatic about it being Friday! I am going to eat some cereal then head out to the pharmacy to get some medical tape and gauze for my splint - I am using half stir sticks from the coffee shop as the support for my finger and Band-Aids to hold it all together - that's right, call me McGiver.

Halas! I need to eat and dance around to Pitbull in my apartment before work. Bye guys!

No comments: