Wednesday, April 28, 2010

...and going, and going...

Good morning, despite the cold, grey, nasty, disgusting weather.


Didn't get much sleep last night since all the power went out. Initially, the fire alarm beeped, but only briefly, so I didn't get out of bed. I was thinking "there is no way I am leaving my bed unless there's ACTUALLY fire in this horrendous weather." Eventually, curiosity got the better of me so I got up and went downstairs, but all I saw was my neighbourhood totally blacked out. By the time I hauled my breathless behind back up 4 flights of stairs, the power was back on.


So my weigh-in was great this morning: 165.0! I weighed in at 165.6 before working out, so I was sure I would get to get a glimpse of 164, but I only made it to 165 even. I am still pretty happy since it seems like I just skipped right over 166.

Last night's dinner was a very thin whole wheat crust pizza with pine nuts, red pepper, tomato, basil (from the tube, not fresh), chili peppers, chopped garlic, tomato sauce, Parmesan, salt/pepper and balsamic glaze. The salad was mixed greens, cucumber, bigger tomatoes, walnuts and a dressing I made (olive oil, balsamic, honey mustard, Dijon, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, basil). It was all delicious. I must also mention that a friend gave me some leftover sushi before leaving work, which I scarfed down in seconds. For some reason I was so hungry yesterday.

Just finished off a bowl of plain yogurt, kiwi and Jordan's cereal (chunky clusters with nuts, mmmmm). I have an apple but will be buying lunch. I am marinating chicken with lemon, ginger, salt and pepper now, so we'll see how that turns out tonight.

My workout was great since I was pushing for 164 :) I worked extra hard on the bike and did a variety of exercises to work different muscle groups. My new thing is that I don't work the same muscles two days in a row. I try to alternate so I don't injure myself or get too used to the same exact moves all the time.

Alright, I am off to reset all my clocks, quel bonheur! Have a fantastic day everyone. Let's think happy sunny thoughts to bring the Big Star back!

3 comments:

Holly K said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I'm super flattered! Must admit I'm a tiny bit curious how you came across it, but I'm glad you like it. :)

Good luck on your project, it looks like you've come a long way in the last few months. Maybe you'll inspire me, since my weight is... yeah. Eek!

Leanne said...

Hey!

I just clicked on "Next Blog"! Well I am painfully bored at work and have now read up to your seventy-fifth post, is that creepy? hahah! Seriously, I think it's really funny!

I hope my blog, boring as it may be, can help you in some way too!

Renke said...

Leanne -

Kelli from Sangria Sisters here. Thanks for your comment today! I'll be following you in google reader! :)

Kelli