Thursday, April 29, 2010

Volleyball Thursdays

What up homies?

Are you excited for volleyball Thursdays? I know I am! I haven't played in two weeks so I am very much looking forward to it. I'm also so excited to start playing on a team, since that will change things up a bit. I like competition.

I have been missing zumba classes, so I think I'll go next week. I sometimes worry about my spending, but I don't feel an ounce of worry about paying for physical activities I like because this is what's contributing to my happiness and wellbeing. Plus, I get an hour of walking in when I go to zumba, so that's an added bonus.

I weighed in at 165.2 today :) I wasn't expecting to see 164 today because all I did was 30 minutes of biking (albeit intense), and some pathetic arm curls and a few other things I did about 5 times each and then couldn't be bothered to do any reps. I figured I will get a good workout at volleyball tonight so I don't need to push too hard. Instead I spent my time straightening my hair and doing other things I don't usually have time to do before I go to work. Another such thing was taking my measurements. I won't report them since it's not officially May, but I have lost 0.5 - 1 inch on every measure except my neck and another spot I can't recall.

I'm scarfing down a delicious breakfast. I made a smoothie (kiwi, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, plain and strawberry yogurt) and threw in some chunky granola cereal mmmmm.

Dinner, as you can see, was chicken, asparagus and quinoa. The quinoa was accented with ginger, butter and salt, the asparagus with garlic, and the chicken with maple syrup, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. The chicken was surprisingly good. I think I am starting to get the knack of marinating and cooking chicken. I am better with fish and red meats, but I'm coming along. Since the chicken breast was too big for one person, I kept half for lunch and made extra quinoa and asparagus. I am actually looking forward to these leftovers :)

Last night my friend came over to finish off our Nurse Jackie marathon. This is a show that's on HBO that she had told me about. I highly recommend watching it. There is a character named Zoe who is fantastic, and Edie Falco is amazing! It's largely about a nurse who is unconventional is a bit like a modern-day, emotionally stunted Robin Hood, with more psychological problems.

On that note, I'm out.

No comments: