Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Progress Report

Mornin'!

Well, since the scale is stuck again at 168.5, I thought I'd report some more positive numbers. I have been taking my measurements every couple of weeks and here I will present my starting measurements (though they were taken after about a month of working out) since there I have made much progress. The only problem (but not really), is that in some places, the fat and muscle has merely shifted into a better place, but the measure hasn't necessarily changed much (in my butt for example). I am nonetheless happy to see these figures:

FEBRUARY / APRIL
WAIST: 36* / 31 (-5 inches)
HIPS: 39 / 37 (-2 inches)
CHEST: 39.5 / 36 (-3.5 inches)
NECK: 13 / 12.5 (hasn't changed since initial loss)
RIBCAGE: 33 / 31.5 (-1.5 inches)
BUM: 43 / 40 (-3 inches)
THIGHS: 26.5 / 24.5 (2 inches)
*The Feb. measures for waist may be off by an inch or so because I am not 100% sure I was measuring the same spot as I am now. But I have been measuring the same spots for the past two and a half months and I have lost at least approximately what is stated here.

So, even though losing pounds has been more of a challenge, the shape of my body keeps getting healthier :)

This morning I reluctantly got up and went to the gym. I was uber groggy, but managed to get on the treadmill and walk. I did run about 5 times for about 20 seconds each time, just to get my heart pumping, but didn't have it in me to run run. I didn't do much else, throwing in some stretching and the plank.

I find it much easier to get up when the sun is out like this morning, but I am wayyyyy more pumped when I see weekly progress. I am going to stick with it though, even though my tendency is always to give up when it's not going well (which is why I never managed to keep weight off before). I just drank a smoothie with fresh banana and strawberries, frozen raspberries, pomegranate juice and plain yogurt. I had a spoonful of peanut butter as well.

Lunch will be vegetable soup and crackers, and I have an apple and a kiwi as a snack. Dinner will be veal with veggies, and the veal with probably just be lemon and pepper.

Alright, have a great day everyone and it's never too late to start doing something healthy today like taking a quick walk when you have 10 minutes to kill...

Latah!

2 comments:

Castafiore said...

Really impressive results! Keep on rocking!

Leanne said...

Wow thanks! Not sure who you are, but I appreciate the encouragement so much!