Sunday, April 11, 2010

New lows

Great news everyone, I am down to 168.4!! I am so very happy about this surprising news I can't contain it hahaha!

Yesterday, I had my smoothie with a side of eggs and toast. Around lunchtime, just before going to volunteer, I ate a bit of smoked salmon with capers and lemon juice and a piece of Vache Qui Rit. Being as organized as we are, Hanafi and I BOTH got the time wrong for our delivery shift, showing up an hour early. But it worked out because they were short staffed in the kitchen and had too many delivery people. So, after walking there and only having had a small lunch (I thought my big breakfast would have tided me over until after my shift), I ate a sizeable bowl of apple crumble (they always save extra dessert for the volunteers).

I walked back downtown to hang out at a cafe with my volunteering buddy (no, we didn't play soccer, no ball that wasn't deflated), then headed home to get ready for a birthday dinner he's invited me to. At home, I weighed myself and I was already at 168, which took me by surprise. But as usual, I try not to get too excited because it takes a while for the pounds to stay off normally. So I went to a Mexican restaurant called Casa de Mateo in Old Montreal, with about 20 very nice people, and a few friends of friends. We ended up eating at 11 pm. Here's why: A 9 o'clock reservation + Mexicans/Arabs/Turks as guests = 1 hour delay hahaha!

I ordered a spicy shrimp dish with salad and rice and a halved avocado. It was very delicious and not too heavy. I also had a Diet Coke, but I have temporarily given up on my Diet Coke ban.

So this morning I was about to get ready to go to the gym, and weighed in at 168.4 again. So I decided instead to walk to my friend's house in the Plateau instead of pumping iron this morning. We are going to an event called Troc tes Trucs where you swap your stuff for other people's stuff, if you find anything you like. After that, possibly dinner with another friend in the Plateau, and then possibly a walk home.

Alright, just found out I need to get moving soon, to be on time forthat thing, so I'm gonna go scarf down a banana and cereal and talk to you guys later :)

No comments: