Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Food, uncensored

Well, after a weekend of delicious food interspersed with mini eggs a profusion, I am back to preparing my own meals. I didn't eat particularly unhealthy food in Toronto, I just wasn't being balanced and obviously ate too much cheap chocolate.

I just went to do basic groceries and am eating a delicious salade repas. But first, I'll give you the lowdown on my other eats. This morning I went back to lat week's breakfast of a bowl of fruit, toast with butter and an espresso. For lunch, I took a walk to Anton & James to get some yummy roast chicken with herbs, wild rice and grilled red and yellow peppers and zucchini.

Now I have stocked up with about a week or two worth of groceries and made a nice fresh dinner. It's mixed greens, diced red pepper, tomato, flax seed, pine nuts, goat cheese and a dressing I made with: chopped garlic, raw sugar, honey mustard and dijon mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper...mmmmmmm. I'm eating it with a small slice of ciabatta, and dessert will be a small amount of coconut yogurt with raspberries. Frankly I am just loving the pine nuts and goat cheese, two things I haven't eaten much of in the last little while.

So even though I've gained a pound or two back, I will be back down soon I am sure, and back to the gym tomorrow morning, perhaps even tonight. My back still aches so I need to take it a little easy. Also, I am very happy to have all my medical exams done, which was a MAJOR obstacle for me and I had been putting all of it off for three years to avoid all the bureaucracy.

Alright, I will finish enjoying this salad and watch a little tube before carrying on with my other chores and relaxing. Have great night everyone!

No comments: