Thursday, April 8, 2010

off track

Hello again!

Sorry, this is a little late. I stayed over at a friend's since we had a girls' dinner, which included wine and so I didn't feel like cabbing or walking home.

Our dinner was really yummy. We had surf'n'turf, but not the massive plates you normally see in restaurants, we were good. It was shrimp and beef marinated in a homemade sesame, honey, soy sauce, garlic, etc. marinade, accompanied with noodles that also came with a sesame mix.

Our entree was a plate of mixed small tomatoes, bocconcini, fresh basil, olive oil, balsamic and red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, with bread. And to top it off, dessert was raspberries with cake (don't worry, it was one piece of chocolate mousse cake divided among four people, so we each had a tiny piece) with 'half-the-fat' dulce de lece ice cream. Aside from me eating too much bread, our meal was delicious, nutritious and we didn't overdo it on anything. Each of us had about 3-4 regular size shrimp with a very skinny piece of beef (mine was about the size of my palm and less than a centimetre thick), so it was just right to satisfy our palates.

That being said, I need to get back to minimizing the amount of bread I eat, particularly in the evening. I will never 'cut' anything, but lately I've been losing focus of my goal. I need to really focus on eating at home. I still think I am doing pretty well, but I am not satisfied staying at this weight, so I need to keep pushing myself just enough to see progress. I still don't feel the need to lose the weight super fast, which is why I don't diet, but I do want to keep to roughly 1 pound per week. Right now I am at just under that.

Okay, time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: