Monday, April 12, 2010

One happy camper!

Hi and happy Monday!

I am sitting here, eating my toasted PB and banana sandwich and smiling from ear to ear. Not only did I get to bed early and wake up to actual almost sunlight, but I weighed in at a whopping 167 this morning!!! Of course, it could go back up but for now I am just enjoying this. I am 1-2 pounds from my initial goal! Though I may have set the bar low in terms of my timeline for losing 16 pounds, it makes it feel much more exciting and rewarding to accomplish it early (it is actually very healthy to lose 1 pound per week, but I didn't want to let myself down). I will basically continue with Goal 2 and keep blogging until June 15th, when I will celebrate turning 28 and feeling great about myself!

Other than the weight factor, my measurements have shrunk a little. My waist and chest have shrunk the most, which is just wonderful. And I think everything else has just shifted a little since all my pants are now very loose, but my measurements haven't changed much in my butt and thighs (the change is very slight). It is now time to buy some 'in between' clothes to tide me over until I lose more weight and can't wear any of my clothes anymore.

In terms of my mental and emotional wellness, I am feeling almost perfect. Of course I still have some issues to deal with in my life, but those cannot be resolved right now. Otherwise, I am full of energy, feeling healthy and spending lots of time with people I love and taking care of myself.

Again, I can't stress it enough how you guys reading this blog and making comments has kept me 'in the game' so to speak. I could have easily given up so many times, and almost did, and you guys would say one little thing that would remind me that this is a long-term process and to focus on the little steps. I still need your encouragement, as long as I have this blog, but I hope it also encourages you in some way. I want you guys to stay focused on whatever you decided to do for yourself in 2010 and really try to make this your best year ever.

Okay enough blabbering from me, have a great day and I send you sunshine :)

No comments: