Tuesday, April 20, 2010

oh and...

Though no one answered my question about weighing MORE after doing volleyball and then yoga, Dr. Oz just answered me!

Interestingly, an audience member had the exact same question. So here's what's what:

When you workout intensely, your muscles may swell and retain fluid. It goes away naturally, but is a sign that you've aggravated your muscles... Now I know why it helps sometimes to take a couple days off.

I have, by the way, begun to take 2 days off in the week since I feel like I may be doing too much. With all the workouts, volleyball, walking and occasional classes, I felt like I might be pushing myself too much. I would like to increase the amount of walking I do, and cut back on gym workouts, at least during the warm weather.

I signed up to be on a beach volleyball team for the summer, and am considering a kickboxing class, so I will definitely need to scale back on something :)

No comments: