Monday, April 19, 2010

Starting over

Hi everyone,

So I'm sorry I didn't write anything this weekend, but I definitely needed to unplug. Last week I was high strung, to say the least, and was feeling a little down and out. To top it off, I moved up from 167 to 168-169 on Friday, and it stuck all weekend. I think it had to do with eating a little too much cheese all week :)

In any case, this morning I pushed myself into a great sweat on the bike, and did some arm, leg and ab work to get myself back on track. Last week I had lost interest in the gym workouts, but this week I am back at it. Every pound is a hurdle that takes about a week or two of hard work and somewhat careful eating to overcome, so I need to stay very focused to keep the numbers going downward. Otherwise I will have to take more drastic measures in terms of food, and I just don't want to!

So Saturday I walked to meet a friend downtown, then walked with him to Santropol and did our walking route (this time it was downtown east so it was shorter and less hilly than westmount, which was okay because I was in a hurry to leave to my friend's cottage). My other friend picked me up and we went to her cottage where we spent a lot of time outdoors playing with her dogs in the forest and around the house. For dinner, we made a plate of shrimp and pasta with basic tomato and garlic sauce that was fresh and delish! As a side, we made an endive salad with grapefruit, orange, walnuts, avocado and a citrus dressing we concocted.

Sunday we started the day with some scrambled eggs and toast, and lunch was penne arrabiata with almost the same salad (sans orange, with lime instead). We headed back into town and went to play tennis on Nun's Island. I'm not great by any means, but I really love playing tennis, so I was a happy camper.

Today I just finished a bowl of Raisin Bran and a few strawberries. I need to buy lunch, so it may be a salad or a smoothie and wrap...not decided yet. In any case, which me less chunk this week, and more muscle :) Have a great week everyone!

No comments: