Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Calling on Mother Nature for a little help

Could some of you do me a favour and ask Mother Nature for sunny mornings? Clearly, she's not taking me seriously!

I have been doing my part, hauling my chunky ass out of bed every morning for over three months now, trying to eat well and get to bed on time, and she can't even give me a decent morning to make it a little easier to get to the gym! The nerve!!

In any case, I did manage to wake up, which even shocked me. I had my eyes closed up until halfway through my bike ride. Needless to say it wasn't the most amazing workout, plus the machine itself is falling apart now. Someone must ride very vigourously because the seat is all ripped up, the bar that supports the seat is loose, and the hadlebars make the whole bike squeak when you hold them too tightly.

After 30 minutes of somewhat intense but mostly slow biking, I did some push ups, leg lifts, squats, obliques, dips and the plank. I also did lots of stretching for my whole body, especially my back. I am worried I might have to go see a sports therapist or physiotherapist if it doesn't start feeling better soon because it's an odd kind of pain. I don't feel it much anymore, except in very specific positions and when I breathe deeply.

Now I just polished off a bowl of Raisin Bran with skim milk and fresh raspberries. Lunch is a hearty vegetable soup and a small piece of ciabatta and an apple as a snack. I was back at 170 this morning, so I'm hoping after a few days of eating home food again I will drop back to 169, and get to 168 by next week.

Have a great day everyone and don't forget to speak to anyone you know who is "in" with Mother Nature...

No comments: