Friday, April 30, 2010

Wow am I ever poor at counting

I don't know what my brain is on, but every time I count the days and weeks that have passed since the beginning of this journey, I seem to come up with a new total.

If my current calculations are correct, I was wrong last week and, in fact, today would officially mark week 16. At 18 lbs lost as of today, that would mean I have been losing just over one pound a week and should actually be able to get to 158 lbs by June 15 if I continue to lose at this rate. So instead of losing 16 pounds as planned, or the 20-22lbs I predicted last week, I should have lost 24 lbs by my birthday!

I don't want to get too excited, like I did this morning when I danced around so much I nearly revisited my cereal, but I am pretty FRICKING (that one's for you N) excited!!!!!! The lowest I ever reached when I lost weight in university (26 lbs in 8 months) was 162 lbs. I so want to pass that threshold and then some. I want to be 150, then I want to see if I need to keep going or I can stop there. I think I might want to push past 150 to give myself a little breathing room in preparation for Thanksgiving and Christmas ha! By this time next year, I should be strutting my stuff on some beach in a bikini!

Alright, enough getting ahead of myself. I need to stay focused on the near future, one day at a time, not one year from now, or Thanksgiving, or even June 15. Today is all that matters.

No comments: