Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Killing time

Hey, since I now have fans in Italy (a friend is reading my blog to her two friends over there) I feel so bad my blog isn't more interesting...scuse Valentina and Marco!

I any case, I thought I would kill time by writing a post rather than turning on the TV. I just got back from volleyball and am about to head down to the gym in the basement for a free yoga lesson offered by another Lowney loft owner. If I turn on the TV, there's no way I'll make it down there. So here I am, bugging you.

Volleyball was fun, though we weren't very good today, the music was bad (R.E.M.'s super upbeat song 'Everybody Hurts' kept playing, which makes you want to dive off a bridge rather than into the sand), and the courts were empty. We still broke a sweat and had some good laughs at ourselves.

I am going to make salmon with an avocado, tomato and mixed greens salad with pine nuts and goat cheese after yoga, and watch American Idol. I must admit, this year's lineup is pretty awful, but I am compelled to keep watching since there's nothing I love more than to watch people sing. I also bought myself a reasonable treat: a can of Diet Coke and sesame snaps mmmm...

Today I ate all my designated snacks, plus I still ended up eating two pieces of chocolate, and at breakfast I bought an espresso, but it was just one of those days. I left work tense and angry, and the thought of volleyball and being out of the office kept me going, along with excessive caffeine. I need this yoga class now to stretch out all my muscles, which are stiff from containing my angry grumbling at my people in my office. Anyone seen the movie "The Office"? yeah...

Anyway, I am off to get yogafied and then relax in front of el Tuber. A bientot!

No comments: