Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Still going strong

WTF everyone? It's snowing, ugh! Ah well, like all things, it will pass I suppose. For now it's supposed to be 22 next Monday, so hopefully everything will go back to the way it has been...

I am feeling a little better today. I am almost positive I had mild food poisoning and was probably dehydrated, because I was feeling so exhausted on Saturday and Sunday. In any case, I rested up yesterday and will be back to work today, still trying to eat mild enough foods to keep my stomach calm.

I still got up to go to the gym, and did a laborious 30 minutes of walking/running, push ups, dips, arm curls, side squats and lunges. I weighed in at 165.8 today. Even though it's a 0.8 move upward, I am still very pleased because this is the week I was supposed to hit 166 anyway, so 165 was merely a welcome side effect of food poisoning ha! I lacked the motivation I had Sunday and yesterday. It's funny, I am always way more pumped when I am suffering from something.

I just finished up a bowl of Raisin Bran, a spoonful of strawberry yogurt and a swig of pomegranate juice (I'll spare you the photos this time), and made a kid's lunch: peanut butter and banana sandwich with an apple. I think I will be making spaghetti squash for dinner, but I am not 100% decided.

So I want to keep working hard to get past 162 lbs because that's probably the lowest I'll have been since high school. If I make it to 150, that's about how much I weighed at 17 years old. These milestones are important to me, and keep me competitive (with myself :) Thank god for the blog to remind me every single day to be careful about what I eat and workout. I hope after June 15th I'll be able to maintain the same energy level without you guys watching over me...

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Babs said...

Hi!

You know how they often talk about Greek yogurt on Dr. Oz? I've also heard it mentioned on a couple of other shows. Have you tried it? It's delicious. No fat, more protein than regular yogurts, and really thick and creamy. It has taken my breakfasts to a whole new level.

I found some at my grocery store--Liberté makes it.

Miss E said...

Hey, thanks for your comment at my blog. I definitely need all the motivation I can get. I'll come back and read more of your posts when I have more time, just wanted to say thanks for letting me know you stopped by!