Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Phew!

Well I am still 168 before working out, but I am definitely 167 after working out. I am glad I haven't bounced back up to 169-170 because I am so excited about being one pound away from my goal. This is keeping me in a very happy mood.

So yesterday I had forgotten I was going out for lunch with my team at work to welcome the new guy. We went to a big-box American-sized plate restaurant: Guido & Angelina. The food is alright but it's hard to find anything low fat on the menu. I had a pizza with chicken, spinach, zucchini, pine nuts and sun dried tomato pesto. It was good but had far too much cheese (that's not a diet thing, more of a personal preference). I ate half and kept the other half for tonight's dinner.

For dinner last night I had a small steak with asparagus, red peppers and quinoa. he lunch I brought yesterday (having forgotten about our team lunch), will be my lunch today: vegetable potage, a tiny bit of smoked salmon with capers and lemon, and slices of red pepper and one piece of Vache Qui Rit.

I just got back from a decent workout. I hadn't been to the gym in a while before yesterday, so today my butt is aching from the lunges I did yesterday and the more intense biking I've been doing. I still managed to put in a lot of effort and do a lot of arm work, some squats with toes pointed out, obliques and some dips. I am thinking of maybe going to Zumba tonight, but my usual partners can't make it, so I may have to go it alone...we'll see. Tomorrow I have volleyball then there's a person in my building offering a free yoga class in our gym.

Overall, I have been feeling amazing. Especially since hitting 167, but also for other reasons. As insignificant as this may sound, plenty of small things have changed, like my hair is thicker and my wonky "dead" (aka half brown) nail -- which has been that way for about 6 years -- is now pink and normal. My pores are smaller and my clothes are loose. These are the things making me super happy these days :) Visible, tangible changes...

Okay, my smoothie is done (plain/coconut yogurt, apple juice, banana, raspberry and blueberry), so I am heading off to work. Hopefully it will be nice enough to take a walk at lunch.

No comments: