Saturday, April 10, 2010

Self-image is a funny thing (or, it must be something in the food)

Happy Saturday morning!

I just woke up to good news, I am back down to 169 this morning. Fantastic. However, I must say that one's perception of one's body is so subjective. The moment I got to Oakville/Toronto, every mirror I looked at had me thinking I was super fat and gross. Now, not ALL those mirrors can be unflattering ones, and there was no way I just got fat overnight on my flight out of Montreal... so what was it? I only gained back about 1.5 pounds over the whole weekend, and I ate well almost the entire time, with the exception of the excessive snacking on Mini Eggs.

Now, back in Montreal, where only today is my weight back to normal, I felt very thin all week. My clothes feel like they are falling off, too loose and needing replacement. I even felt physically light, extremely light.

What could it possibly be that makes my perception of my body change so drastically overnight, without reason? It's so odd.

Moving right along, yesterday, as you know, I didn't go to the gym in the morning. I had my chicken dinner (bland) with asparagus (yum) and a bit of leftover ciabatta with oil and vinegar (the highlight). I decided to go to the gym for a 30-minute light walk. I walked on a level 4 incline not too fast, not too slow. Then, being a little pumped, I threw in a few sets of pushups, oblique exercises and squats.

After my workout, I headed out to a friend's poetry reading. Bad poetry aside, the night was great. My friend is one of the very few talented presenters, and was very happy to see me (I didn't tell him I was coming), and I ended up running into a bunch of people I haven't seen in anywhere from two to six years. So I am glad I decided to go, albeit briefly.

I got to sleep in this morning (8:10 am :), and am going to veg out in front of the TV a bit then clean and make a smoothie and eggs for breakfast probably. This afternoon, the plan is: doing Santropol deliveries for a few hours, if it's nice out playing soccer with my delivery partner afterward, going to a local hangout downtown, then heading to Old Montreal for dinner. I will try to fit lunch in there somewhere... I am enthusiastic about today's plan :)

Alright, time to veg. I hope you all are still sleeping (aka actually sleeping in), and will get out and enjoy the sunshine when it gets a little warmer this afternoon.

No comments: