Friday, February 12, 2010

Weekend, weeeeeeeeeee!

SECOND POST OF THE DAY!!!! Though I nearly posted this afternoon when I was disgustingly bored, dying to find something to do. I spared you this time.

Just got back from a pretty tough workout. The cardio part wasn't too tough, because these workout pants have been giving me a rash when I run (yes, they've been washed, and not with any different products than I usually use). But I did some painful side squats, lunges, pushups, free weights, leg lifts and abs.

I am now cooking my curried chicken (which smells delish...smells like one of my favourite dishes my mom makes, called chicken divan). I have made grilled red peppers and rapini to go with that. Unfortunately, when I cut into what I thought was zucchini, I realized it was an English cucumber... half of which I then proceeded to eat.

I am going out tonight for a quick drink, then it's off to the cottage tomorrow morning until Sunday. I am looking forward to more downtime, because this week was all over the place sleep-wise, and next week is looking to be even worse. I have Zumba on Tuesday, volleyball on Thursday, seeing friends during the week, birthdays galore and I am going to a volunteer orientation session on Saturday.

That's right, I am going to volunteer, finally. I have been meaning to for years, and even signed up to volunteer translation work for the Parkinson's Society, but they seem to have forgotten about me, despite me contacting them several times. So this time, in keeping with the theme of my challenge, I have decided to try out working in the kitchens for Santropol Roulant. Among other things, they do Meals on Wheels service, and apparently deliver really nice food. So it's a 2-in-1 deal for me: learning how to cook different and healthy meals and at the same time improving my life by helping others and meeting people. So step 2 in my lifestyle challenge will begin next week.

What, did you think I just wanted to be super hot??!! hahah!

No comments: