Sunday, February 7, 2010

I got sunshine, on a clowdy day, when it's cold outside...

Heyyyy! Long time no write! Well worry not, the Leanne-ster is back and cooler than ever, clearly.

So needless to say, Friday morning was a write-off workout-wise. Surprisingly though, after a painfully boring day of work, and right before taking off to my friend's cottage for the weekend, I managed to squeeze in a short workout of 30 minutes running-walking on the coveted treadmill.

I had been feeling sick all week, and thought I was allergic to something at work maybe, like the carpets, but weirdness happened this weekend and I had a lot of trouble breathing. That too may have been an allergic reaction since I spent the weekend playing with a cat, three of my friend's dogs, and even spent 20 minutes petting two ADORABLE shih-tzus (getting teary eyed again :) at the pet store.
Basically I think I need to become a hermit and shut out the outside world...but that ain't gonna happen!

So on Saturday at the cottage, I did some ab work, light yoga, squats, lunges and took a nice relaxing walk and even played in the snow for a little bit. We ate fairly well compared to the junk I normally buy to go up there. We had shrimp and asparagus last night for dinner which was delicious, finished off with a chocolate fondue (extra dark chocolate and fruit, so not as bad as it could have been hahah). Today I didn't eat too well, but I didn't eat a lot either. I am now having a smoothie and almonds for dinner since I'm not that hungry but need something filling so I don't get hungry later.

Even though I slept very badly last night (woke up at 1:30 am in a panic because I couldn't breathe normally), and despite being completely tired, I went to Tremblant while my friend skied, and I walked around for an hour until we met for lunch. Then after lunch, I went to a gym there to go in the steam room, twice. When we got home an hour or so ago I went straight to the gym for about 45 minutes. I started right off with running, but soon my exhaustion caught up with me, so I walked for the rest of the 30 minutes. I did 30 (men's) push-ups, some light ab stuff and loads of stretching. That's about all I can muster tonight.

So I will be back on track tomorrow morning, since I'll be crashing early this soir.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend like me, and please keep your comments coming and do let me know how you're coming along with your respective workouts, diets, challenges, etc.

Bisous!

1 comment:

Babs said...

Holy crap, you can do 30 men's pushups??? I don't think I can even do five. Very impressive.