Thursday, February 4, 2010

Toqué Thursdays!

Ooooh today is gonna be a good day!

I am already in a good mood because I got to bed at 10 p.m. last night and managed to literally hop out of bed when the alarm sounded for gym time. I actually felt like doing the bike today, so I was in luck because Mr. Treadmill and wife had assumed their usual positions. It wasn't an intense workout, but I wanted to go easy since I have volleyball tonight.

In food news, yesterday I had fresh salmon, Cajun style, with a side of grilled yellow peppers. I later had a couple rice crackers with hummus because I was still hungry (after expanding my stomach with Vietnamese the day prior). Since the salmon was huge, I cut it in half and will eat that for lunch with the remaining lentil curry soup from yesterday.

Breakfast this morning (once I decide) will either be a smoothie, cereal or toast. I'll have to see when I get out of the shower. **I ended up going for a bowl of cereal with a handful of almonds and a handful of raspberries.

And here's the most exciting news: I am going to the restaurant Toqué tonight!!! This is one of Montreal's top restaurants, and I have been waiting to go for about a year now (we have a gift certificate for $300, so you can imagine what the prices are like :). So right after volleyball I will be showering and heading over there. Naturally, I may not be able to workout tomorrow morning, but I will try at night au pire.

By the way, I have posted a bunch of links on the bottom right of my blog. You may find some of them interesting or helpful. I've posted some workout videos recommended by a personal trainer, the Canadian Food Guide, the CMHA, the link for my old gym where I saw a personal trainer, and other sites recommended to me by you guys. Enjoy!
Alrighty, wishing you all a nice day.
From an extremely eager food lover!

No comments: