Thursday, February 25, 2010

Angst

Hi guys!

Just got back from the gym and I had a great workout. I did 30 difficult minutes on the bike (still feeling very groggy in the morning, difficulty breathing), but by the time I was awake, I pushed myself. I did abs, the plank, push ups, arm curls, lunges, dips, lots of stretching and squats. My legs were burning!! I didn't want to do too much arm work because I have volleyball tonight.

As some of you already know, I have been having a rather frustrating week. And I think calling me "moody" wouldn't cut it. Maybe I'm in bad carb withdrawal, or withdrawal from Diet Coke (if I'm not mistaken it's been about two weeks since my last full one...I occasionally steal sips from friends :), or something else...in any case, it ain't pretty and I tried to work it out of me at the gym.

I am now treating myself to a semi-indulgent breakfast. Instead of plain cereal with milk, I made a very liquid smoothie and put my granola cereal in that :) I made it with a tiny banana, a handful of strawberry slices and raspberries, pomegranate juice (about 1 cup) and my remaining plain yogurt. YUMMM! All this because my lunch is leftover curry lentil soup -- I worked from home yesterday so I had a tuna sandwich and tomato salad for lunch and BBQ chicken and Brussels sprouts with red peppers for dinner. I don't have enough time to make anything to go with my soup, so I may bring a lentil salad with me to work as a side.

I need a boost, seriously though. Oh, I forgot to tell you guys (I think) that I have lost 0.5 inches to 1 inch off every body measurement. I am focused on getting the scale to stick at 173 or lower, since that will mean I've reached more than half my weight target for June 15, but I am pretty pleased about the measurements...I'm shrinking, yay! I see it mostly in my face and the fact that my jeans are starting to feel loose mainly around the outer butt cheek and thighs. :)

Alright, have a great day, and wish me the strength to stay sane today.

No comments: