Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Breakthrough!

Wow, what a morning!

I actually woke up fairly easily today since I went to bed early, and to my delight and surprise, Mr. Treadmill wasn't there...Mrs. Turtle, on the other hand, was. She was on my treadmill. And just as I was about to hobble onto the bike, she said:

"Tu veux tu l'elliptique?"
"Non, ca va merci!"
"Tu veux tu le tapis?" (insert angel music ahhhhhhhh)
I'm thinkin' "Ben oui j'veux l'esti de treadmill", but I say: "oh ce serait parfait merci!"

She offered me the treadmill and I couldn't have been happier! So I mostly walked, then ran a little too, for 30 minutes. Mr. Treadmill eventually showed up, and I felt a little bad, because I think he's a pushover to his mouthy (and thoughtful) wife. I followed with some new inner thigh moves, hand weights and abs (I will post some YouTube videos shortly demonstrating the thigh workout I did (shown to me by my ex personal trainer).

I went grocery shopping last night and bought a ton of fruit and veggies, some meat and fish, and some snacky foods like yogurt and nuts. My "new vegetable of the week" is Rapini. I've had it before in restaurants, but I've never bought it, so I thought I'd add another option to the menu.

I went out for dinner to celebrate my friend's good news last night, and I was bad. We went to a Viet-Thai restaurant and I had to have the meal I love, General Tao on crispy noodles. I didn't think it was too bad since I only had fruit and toast for breakfast and then at lunch I nearly threw up when I started eating the tuna wrap from Cultures (why do I even bother, I always hate their food). So I ended up eating nothing but tomato and cucumber salad and a beet salad.

This morning I started off with Kashi high fibre cereal with a small handful of almonds thrown in. I am bringing a Commensal Lentil Curry soup to work, which I may eat over two lunches, and I've just put a piece of salmon in the fridge to marinate in soy sauce and Cajun spices for a favourite treat this evening.

Alright, I am off to work now, have a great day!

No comments: