Friday, February 12, 2010

I said brrrrr, it's cold in here!

Ahh, well I feel just dandy! I slept in today, and will work out after work this evening.

Yesterday I ate little, in preparation for a restaurant dinner. I had cereal in the morning, an apple in the afternoon, half a bowl of pea soup (ick, and the rest is my lunch today), and a handful of almonds. Later on, I was feeling exhausted (from the late sleep the night before), so I took a little siesta!

I went out at 8 pm to L'Assommoir, which is a really nice place. Unfortunately, the service was very slow, so we didn't eat until about 9:30 I think, but our waiter was Bono's (from U2)doppelganger, or sosi as the French would say! I found this amusing.

I shared a bunch of small appetizers with my friend, including very light spring rolls, some caramelized raw salmon, plantain chips with salsa, lamb kafta, fries (yes, fries, mmmm) and meat skewers (though this one doesnt even count because it so tiny). It wasn't too heavy, and I only had one martini at the beginning, an Espresso martini to bring me back to life.

I will be heading to my friend's cottage again tomorrow, so I will have to make sure I get a good workout in tonight, and keep up all the stuff that I can do without equipment at her place. For tonight, I am marinating a chicken breast in yellow curry, plain yogurt, pepper and dehydrated onions, and I will probably sautee some red peppers, zucchini and rapini to accompany that dish. MMMMMMM! Looking forward to it.

So if I don't post tonight or tomorrow morning, have a great Friday everyone and stay healthy!

No comments: