Thursday, February 25, 2010

Now that's more like it

The storm has passed. Thank heavens!

Well, today was much better than yesterday. Though I wasn't looking forward to my over-Lentil-ized lunch, I only ate my leftover soup and left the lentil salad for tomorrow. I treated myself to a can of Diet Coke and a Sesame Snaps :)

I just got back from volleyball an hour ago, and ate a delicious meal. I have to give myself a pat on the back for dinner tonight. For one thing, I actually marinated my own fish instead of making pre-marinated fish (the only edible frozen fish is PC brand by the way). Tonight it was a piece of skinless Mahi Mahi, marinated in lemon juice, a dash of oil, salt, pepper and dill. I cooked it in butter, and it turned out fantastic. I normally prefer non-white fish with a stronger flavour, but this actually had a really nice, rich flavour to it.

My second success was making a delicious salad and dressing (I used pomegranate juice to change up my dressing recipe, and it was delicious). The salad was mixed greens, a small avodaco, cucumber and mixed tiny tomatoes. I am now enjoying a glass of wine and a glass of water (can't live without my water, especially not after a sport night), and watching the tube.

Volleyball was great. We got to play 2 on 2 for a bit, so that was a new challenge. Then when we were 3 on 2 (me on the team of 3), we practiced passing (1, 2, over). We're getting better, slowly, but it's coming.

So I am feeling much better today and though I am still craving unhealthy food, I am very much enjoying the dinners and breakfasts I've been having. Progress is slow, but it's still happening. Yay!

Alright. Back to TV. Goodnight :)

No comments: