Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feelin' good

Well well well, I don't want to get over eager because I know I've been fluctuating, but the scale got one pound lighter today, at 175. Until this morning, I had been unable to crack the famous 176 mark (the weight at which I always, without fail, plateau). I have not been lower than 176 for years and years, except a very brief moment last year when I reached 172 because I wasn't eating properly.

So, I am excited today about this one pound, and looking forward to many, many other pounds gradually melting off. Now I have 10 lbs left to lose by June 15. It's going slowly, but I think I will make it. People keep sending me food tips, which is helpful, and though I have ups and downs in terms of the effort I feel like putting in to my workouts, I AM working out, period. I tried hot yoga, I'm still doing volleyball whenever we have enough people to play, and I will be trying Zumba next week. In any case, the first step in my challenge is accomplished: I am almost always motivated to go to the gym, and motivated 70% of the time to actually push myself hard. Secondly, my eating is fairly under control. I allow myself to have what I want when I want, just in very tiny quantities, and I eat much more of the healthy stuff. I have been roughly watching my caloric intake and the amount of salt, sugar and fat I put into my body. Lastly, I have managed to balance getting enough protein, fruit, veggies, dairy and carbs, now I just need to cut back on fruit a bit and replace those with veggies.

All in all, I am on my way, so I am less discouraged today and just keep facing forward.

Carpe diem

1 comment:

Robin-Ann said...

I think it's important that you keep in mind that muscle mass weighs a lot more than fat, and you have been working out a lot and gaining muscle mass... So you have probably lost more than you think. Keep up the great work!!!