Sunday, February 14, 2010

An open heart and a poll dance

Well, well, well...here we are, on yet another Valentine's Day. Personally, I am pro anything that promotes hugs and love-giving (including chocolate giving - not cheap crap though), whether between lovers, friends or family. So here I am, eating a delicious tiny steak and frozen beans (have no fresh veggies left) and sending you all big squeezy hugs.

Before I get into my weekend activities, I demand to know why no one has answered my poll. I have been trying to come up with poll ideas for weeks, and I know this isn't a very good one, but I encourage audience participation nonetheless! Otherwise, I will just remove polls altogether (so there, she says like a whiny toddler with arms crossed and severe grimace).

Okay, and now back to regular programming: On Friday I had a fantastic workout before going to meet a friend to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies (Okay, how lame was that! Apparently 90% of Canada is Aboriginal, and the other 10% is Viking/Scottish fiddler.) I was only really excited about the musical performances and seeing the athletes. I didn't get to watch the whole thing because frankly, I lost interest when I saw a dude flying over virtual prairies for about 10 minutes!!!!

In any case, that night I walked to and from downtown to go out. In the morning, I had a cereal breakfast and headed off to my friend's cottage. I didn't workout on Saturday because I hadn't taken a day off in a while I think, but I did end up nibbling more bits of food than I should have. I wasn't that bad, but enough to make me way more careful today. After relaxing at le chalet, we came back today and I went to the gym almost right away, for an hour.

This time around, there was a breakthrough. Running has suddenly become much easier, and I was able to run for almost 20 of the 30 minutes I was on the treadmill (though I do stop in between sets to walk for a couple of minutes). I did really tough leg lifts and this bended leg lift that makes my rump muscles burn. I did my newly regular 10x3 push ups, and some crunches and some dips and some weights. It took more pushing to get me out of breath, but once I reached that point, I was pumped!

I am officially at 175lbs now, and I am really starting to feel better about my body because things are slowly but surely moving back to all the right places. I am very excited that I've reached the point where I am self-motivated and where I am able to push myself harder without becoming discouraged (which is what was really holding me back this year).

This week I will have to fit in getting groceries (a task I love...naaaht, like Borat says...), among other plans. So until then, I need to me mindful of what I buy for lunches.

I think I have virtually talked your ear off, so on that note, get lots of rest tonight and treat yourself to something nice tonight if you're alone. If not, I wish you a not-so-restful night. Opaaaaa!

No comments: