Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sunny side up

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!

I hope you all had a fun Friday night! Personally, mine was great. I was planning on going to the movies, but since it started snowing, I decided to stay in and nap and watch TV and nap and watch TV...that's the good life! Ha ha!

Yesterday I also did NOT eat that lentil soup. I just don't love lentils enough to eat them more than once a week I think. I did buy a veggie sandwich with a side beet salad and a side pasta salad. It was delicious! For dinner, I made that gigantic steak, and now I know that it's more like the beef you use in stew, tough and dry. Since I had marinated it in teriyaki sauce it wasn't bad though, but definitely no filet mignon. I had a side of sauteed organic brocoli and red peppers, and the broccoli was delicious with the teriyaki sauce...mmmm.

I was up watching Canada narrowly win the game against the Slovaks (yay), so I went to bed fairly late, and had a lot of difficulty sleeping. But I woke up way before my alarm this morning so I went to the gym at 8. I did 30 minutes running-walking, lunges, ab exercises with the ball (though you all would have found the sight pretty pathetic as abs are never my strong suit and I felt particularly weak today), arm curls, squats, squats against the wall, and loads of stretching. I still have a stiff shoulder from my terrible serves at volleyball on Thursday (I've lost my magic touch).

Now I am getting ready for volunteering. I have to wear a baseball cap (sexy), and also ugly clothes because my clothes (especially my winter coat) have smelled ever since being in that volunteer centre for a couple hours last week. I smell like food. Thank god for Febreeze is all I gots ta say!

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. For now I am off to make a smoothie and an egg or two for brunch.

:)

No comments: