Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Strugglin'

Morning all (I say with squinty eyes and little energy)!

Well, starting with yesterday, after my delicious breakfast consisting of eggs, grilled tomatoes and a piece of grilled black forest ham, I took off for work. Though my breakfast was "of champions", I felt very tired as the day progressed and missed the energy I get from my morning workouts.

Since I was going to hot yoga in the evening, I was told to drink as much water as possible. Since I already drink industrial quantities, I wanted to up the ante so I brought vegetable soup for lunch. I walked 20 minutes to get to the yoga studio to meet my friend. Overall, the yoga was nice. It wasn't anywhere near as hot as it was when I tried it years ago, but just nice and toasty. Though I came out feeling extremely relaxed, the workout was painful and I had to sit out for a lot of the movements where we had to hold our bodies up by our arms a-la-push up. I also couldn't do all the ab work my friend was able to do. But overall, I still did a lot of the postures. I am just not sure if I am in good enough shape for that right now, I think I need a few more months of work.

Getting home rather late, I prepared my marinated steak (small) with rapini. I used garlic and butter to cook the rapini, but it was extremely bitter, so I cut it with a little sprinkle of organic raw sugar. The steak was perfectly cooked and delectable.

Probably due to a very late dinner, I had crazy dreams all night. This morning I had to literally (in the truest sense:) coach myself out of bed. All I wanted was to sleep more, but I had to tell myself I probably wont want to workout tonight, and I need the energy today. Unfortunately, I could not move my muscles fast enough to really break a sweat, so I did 30 minutes of light cardio (bike+treadmill) and tried to do hand weights but gave up. I am so weak today from yoga, and for some reason the back part of my ribcage is hurting ha!

I promise I will try harder tomorrow, and I will go to bed earlier and eat dinner earlier. I'm still not seeing much progress, but I am going to keep at it until I do damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay you guys have a great day!

2 comments:

Babs said...

Hey LL,

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing great. Really great!!! I am very impressed. Do you want to Zumba next week?

Leanne said...

Hey Candy! hahah!

I would love to Zumba next week! I am all about trying new stuff! How much is it and if it's on the south shore would you mind pickin up my chunky ass?