Monday, March 1, 2010

A new day

Hi there!

I hope you all had a nice weekend, and are looking forward to the week of sunshine and warmer weather we're supposed to have all of this week. I most certainly am.

Well this weekend was a bit of a bust in terms of eating, but I am looking at today as a fresh start. I had a bowl of cereal with milk this morning, and for lunch I have made myself a piece of mahi-mahi marinated in lime, lemon, dill, salt and pepper. I am bringing a small avocado as a side dish since I think it will taste great with the citrusy fish. Also, I brought a vegetable soup, so I'll eat some today and leave the rest for tomorrow's lunch. I have no idea what I will eat for dinner, but probably something vegetarian.

Today's workout was just alright. I am a bit bloated, and couldn't find my heavy-duty sports bra, so even though Mr. Treadmill and wife were absent, I couldn't run. I did walk for 30 minutes on an incline, and then followed with push ups, more abs than usual, leg lifts, dips, arm curls, bicep thingys and lunges. I seem to have a particularly hard time managing to do ab crunches for my sides (love handles). Can anybody suggest something that is not a strain on the neck (i.e. not lying down)? Though it's probably amusing to watch me struggle and squirm trying to stay in the proper position (a la George Costanza), I'd rather learn something I can actually foresee being able to do.

Well, I'm off to work. Courage everyone!

1 comment:

Babs said...

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5CA5Sfe7Vg

There's tons of stuff on youtube. Just search for oblique exercises. There's even stuff you can do standing up. I searched "oblique exercises standing" to avoid the crunch factor.