Friday, March 5, 2010

The little things

Hey guys, happy Friday! I think we all need it to be Friday so we can get out and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Yesterday was a good day. Aside from being too tired to workout in the morning, I managed to take a 20 minute walk at lunch, though it's a real pain in the arse walking on Ste. Cath when you're trying to keep a steady pace. I ate this disgusting Commensal vegetable "veloute" soup, and had to load it with salt (and many who know me well know I don't like to add a lot of salt to my food). So since I knew I needed carbs to get me through my volleyball game, I went to get a muffin at Anton&James, a little semi-upscale cafeteria style takeout place that I love. I even had an espresso at work, I was in a very good mood I guess!

Volleyball was fun. More people than usual on the courts thanks to March break, but we managed to get in almost a good hour. When I got home, I had that peppered trout and some garlic asparagus. For dessert, I treated myself to ground cherries (those yellow things that look like cherry tomatoes but covered with dry, brown leaves), which are delicious!

This morning's workout was great. I did a great 30 minutes on the bike, dripping with sweat :) Then I did push ups, dips, arm curls, the plank, crunches, leg lifts and mucho stretching. I am starting to see a bit more definition in my arms, and my stomach is staying flat for longer (I always have a flat belly in the morning and then it bulges out a little as the day progresses, but not it's mostly flat all day). My butt, as I mentioned before, has shrunk laterally, and lifted, and my face actually has structure to it. So it's these little things that are keeping me going, especially since only today did I get the scale to stick at 172. Now I need to make sure I don't run out of groceries because that's when I really get into trouble.

Just polished off a bowl consisting of cereal (mix of All Bran and granola), flax seed and fresh blueberries. Also had my last swig of pomegranate juice (my new addiction, if you hadn't noticed the trend), and need to go get some more. For lunch I have to finish that soup..ugggh, so I will probably go buy something small to accompany it, that's actually edible (I hate throwing out perfectly good food, or apparently not-so-good food :)

Okay, for you guys, if you haven't managed to stick to your goal it's okay. I have "cheated" so many times in the last two months. The important thing is trying again every day and not being hard on yourself, just give yourself more chances :) If you have accomplished your goals, congratulations and keep it up!

1 comment:

Babs said...

Hey LL,

A good way to get a walk in at lunch is to go up McGill College, onto McGill Campus, out the side entrance of McGill Campus onto University, up University to Royal Victoria Hospital (Ave. des Pins) and back down.