Monday, March 15, 2010

Time changeration!

Heya!

Well it's time to spring forward everyone, so don't forget to set your clocks. I think a few people forgot since I saw a lot of people walk by the gym this morning on their way to work, people I never see normally. Unfortunately, I only knew it wasn't me who messed up because it was dark out when I got up...boo!

Did you all have a nice weekend? I did. I got to see a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and I saw another long lost friend last week. It's the time to be catching up I suppose. There appeared to be a theme over the weekend: cupcakes from Cacao Locale. So I did eat a few cupcakes, but I am back on track. Yesterday I had a fruit/granola/yogurt breakfast at a cafe, and dinner was salmon with baby bok choy (my latest new discovery in home cooking, and a delicious one).

Today's breakfast was a bowl of granola cereal with milk and a spoonful of flax seeds. I also had a handful of walnuts. Lunch will be leftover pasta from last night (I made pasta for a friend, but I ate fish). I will be bringing delicious mango/curry crackers for a snack as well as dried cranberries. For dinner I will be at a friend's place, so who knows what I'll be having there?!

As far as exercise goes, I got my fair share this weekend, despite myself. Friday was my day off, then Saturday I had a great workout and then walked to-from volunteering, walked downtown and then home. Sunday, in the freezing cold rain, I walked downtown, then because the metro system failed right as I got there, I ended up walking from Sherbrooke metro station to almost Guy-Concordia station, cold and angry. A friend and I decided to meet at a cafe, where much to my dismay, there were St. Patrick's Day festivities going on. I am all for St. Patrick's Day celebrations, but this was total and utter debauchery. Wasted girls with clothes falling off (not in a sexy way, guys) being groped (and enjoying it) by what would appear to be a homeless-looking 60 year old man and a group of drunk guys in their 20s. Not one chose to be a gentleman and maybe help this girl clean herself up.

I fully intend to celebrate on Wednesday, but for now I am just angry at all the drunkenness and garbage that I saw on the streets yesterday.

Okay, back to exercise...I went to the gym yesterday morning as well, and this morning. The treadmill wasn't working today, which was too bad because yesterday I ran for more than two thirds of my time on it. I was aiming to run for longer today. Instead I did the bike and tried all kinds of new weightlifting moves/positions.

I am at 170.4 now, so if all goes well this week, I should be breaking the 170 barrier soon. I will have zumba and volleyball, so that will work in my favour. And instead of my traditional Rye and Ginger (which is transformed into Irish Whiskey and Ginger for this holiday), I will probably be drinking Vodka with water and lime :)

Alright, you all get out there and work hard today, or fill your day with fun things :)

No comments: