Friday, March 26, 2010

Buh-buh-buh-boosted!

Morning!

It may be disgustingly frigid outside, and it may have been especially dark when I awoke, but I had energy today. Maybe it was the wine I had last night, but no matter, I'll take it!

Yesterday I did end up having that same breakfast (toast, fruit bowl and espresso), and I haven't decided if I will make it a three-peat. At lunch, I went outside to go the bank, and I simply couldn't resist eating a quick lunch outside. I went to MBCo., where I had sake-glazed salmon (it was too salty, but decent...the food I had wasn't as nice as the place looks, but I'd still go back :) with greens, hard boiled eggs, asparagus, and one of those adorable tiny, glass Diet Coke bottles. I was down to just my light top and was still warm!

For dinner, I went to a 5@7 at Rosalie (best music on Thursdays by the way) and had a Maghrita pizza (tomato, basil and cheese) with a few glasses of wine. Overall, my food was good all day. And since I've started making sure there is some form of vegetable in my meals, I find myself craving sugar less (though I put a lot of raw sugar in my espresso).

I went to the gym this morning and got to run on the treadmill. Just over 1/3 of my time was running, the rest walking briskly, uphill. I look forward to when I'll be able to decide to go outside instead of walking on the spot in a basement :). I also did crunches, push ups, side squats and stretching. Not much in the way of muscle training but I'm just excited that I had enough energy for the gym today!

Oh, in case you forgot, IT'S FRIDAY!!! Even though I'll be working on a project from hell for the next few days, I am so excited it's Friday. I am also so excited to be one step closer to my brief trip to Toronto. I managed to get a doctor's appointment with my family doctor in Ontario, who I don't think I've even seen before for anything more than a diagnosis of mono in grade 10. I think my last general checkup was when I was maybe 7-8 years old, so it's about time. And I'm especially proud because that was one of my other goals in this challenge of improving my overall health and well-being.

Have a good Friday everyone...time to party like it's 1999.

No comments: