Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend wrap-up

Hi guys!

Well before I head out to enjoy another beautiful, sunny day with a walk along the canal (probably), I thought I'd let you know what I was up to this weekend, and my progress.

Friday I did end up eating that nasty soup for lunch again, with a side of rice crackers, and my breakfast was cereal I think. For dinner, I made myself a peppercorn steak (small) with cucumber and mixed green salad. I wasn't too well behaved since a friend was over and eating takeout food...I stole a bunch of her fries, had a diet coke, and ate a piece of a chocolate bar. But overall, it wasn't as bad as it sounds because I had barely eaten during the day.

In any case, the next morning I reached 171 on the scale. I also lost 1 inch from my thighs, half an inch from my ribcage, 1 inch around the waist and 1.5 inches at the hips. This is all just wonderful news! I went to the gym and though my workout was briefly interrupted by an overflowing pool in the next room, I got back on and did 30 minutes of running-walking, push ups, dips, plank, crunches and stretching. I then walked to volunteering and walked back as well. Volunteering was great! This week, a chemistry teacher / former researcher was working with us, and educated us about bacterial infections (I kept asking him questions because I love this stuff!). I am looking forward to seeing who I'll meet next week.

Afterward, I tried out Pizzeria Napoletana with my friend, and it was very good. I had eaten a big breakfast (two eggs, toast and a smoothie), but no lunch, so I had a yummy pizza and some antipasti. On our way there, I got out to go to the bank, and we turned around just as a car hit a traffic light and it really freaked everyone out. I am still thinking about it today, hoping the guy who fell out of the car is okay...

This morning, I did another quick workout of 30 minutes of mostly walking and leg lifts, squats, lunges and the plank. I didn't want to tire myself out since I'll be walking this afternoon. I just ate of the pieces of cake for the volunteers I brought home yesterday, for breakfast. It's more like oatmeal banana bread with chunks of cranberry, and oh so gooooood. I will need to go stock up on veggies and fruit again because my rations are getting slim.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and get lots of sleep to start the week off properly.

No comments: