Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Late start

Good morning everyone!

Today is a nice day. WTF you say? Well, I have a fire alarm inspector coming, so I had to work from home, which just made my day since I got to sleep an extra hour and stay in semi-pyjama-esque clothing and not go outside in the cold wetness.

I worked out too, don't worry. I did 30 minutes of treadmill, with about 7-10 minutes of running (I run for a song, so I don't know the exact amount of time, and I ran for two songs, one long and one shorter: Lose Yourself by Eminem and Try Again by Aaliyah). I did push ups, lunges, crunches, arm weights (curls, swing backs) and lots of stretching because I've been really stiff lately. I don't know if it's the weather, but my hip, lower back, etc. are achy a lot. I am trying not to do anything too strenuous, while still making myself sweat and get my heart pumping.

I won't be going to Zumba or volleyball this week, so I will have a relatively easy week. Next week I will be back on track with Zumba, then I'll be leaving to Toronto/Oakville. I am sure I'll play squash at least twice with my dad, probably take walks with my mom or even take a class with her, and then I will likely end up doing some sort of class with my friend.

For now, I am still at 170 but feeling good. Trying not to let myself get down or be too hard on myself about the weight. However, I do need to regain some control/discipline over my eating. My meals have been healthy but there has been a resurgence of excessive carbs and unhealthy snacks. With fresh groceries it's always easier to have healthy snacks on hand so I don't go buy something bad.

Alright, I hope you are all having a nice day despite this gloomy weather. This is a great day (or this evening) to rent a movie and stay in...

No comments: