Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NOMNOMNOM!

Howdy!

This morning was rough getting up...but I did it. I managed to shuffle on downstairs to the gym. I even had the treadmill all to myself, but after 7 minutes, was just too tired to walk. So I hopped on the bike for 23 minutes. I don't know why I am so tired, because I had a full night's sleep, but it was a groggy morning.

Some a$%hole keeps leaving a super heavy set of weights hanging off that piece of equipment where you can hang from your arms and lift your knees/legs to do abs. Since I am trying to change up my routine, I needed to move those weights and get on the equipment, but being so groggy, I removed all the weights from one side before taking off any from the other side, and the whole thing came crashing down!! Embarrassed, I apologized to the other person working out, and carried on.

I just ate up toast with peanut butter and banana, yum. But last night's dinner was just delish and I have to tell you about my salad. I had a piece of steak plus Brussels sprouts which were nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. As another side, I decided to do something different. I made a salad with apple slices, dried cranberries, fresh mint leaves, walnuts and flax seed. The dressing was the piece de resistance: Arranciata (fizzy Italian orange juice), pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oil, pepper and a pinch of salt. Kitchen alchemy! It was delicioso, and I will be making it again (perhaps without the Arranciata, since I don't usually have it on hand...I'll use lemon or lime juice maybe).

For yesterday's lunch I ended up bringing slices of pita with tzaziki, and cut up a tomato to mix with all of it. That too was yumsies.

Today I am not bringing a lunch, for real, because I just am tired of lunches for today. I'll be back on track demain. Oh and the scale was still at 171 today, so that is good. I think another week and I'll be moving into the sub-170s, but maybe I'm just hopeful.

Alright, y'all have a great day ya'hear!

1 comment:

Robin-Ann said...

I can't tell you how proud I am of all you've accomplished and how you are so committed to your goals. I also can't tell you how envious I am of your adventurous cooking skills. I really need to follow your example.