Friday, March 19, 2010

Rest

Hey!

I slept in today. I am not working out today or tomorrow, and will start back up on Sunday. This is on the advice of my ex-personal trainer, so I'll take it :)

I've been feeling blah because the scale isn't moving anywhere except up again. I know it's normal to fluctuate, but I had been on a roll of steadily losing about 1 pound every week. So I have decided to take this little break and start with a fresh attitude on Sunday.

Yesterday I had a bowl of granola cereal with plain yogurt, raspberries and strawberries, a bit of honey and some all bran and a couple of walnuts. For lunch, two slices of pizza leftover from the restaurant the night before: spinach, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, goat cheese and pesto dressing on thin crust...yum. As for dinner, I made my chicken curry with a side of Brussels sprouts and asparagus, but had to eat it in a car on my way to a show.

My friend was going to see a spoken word / music show and I decided at the veeeerrryyy last second to join her. It was very worth it. The performances were really impressive and it's a genre I knew nothing about and, if anything, thought was pretentious (especially when they introduced a 'socially conscious electro-pop' group...which turned out to be fantastic). In case you're interested, here are the names of the artists and you can check them out online: Rafeef Ziadah (an amazing Toronto-based Palestinian girl who mainly talks about Palestine apartheid and is really great), Kaie Kellough (a real artsy-type poet who has some really interesting and some funny stuff), and last but not least, LAL (a toronto-based group of musicians and a singer with an incredible voice; they make really nice, mellow, jazzy music).

Also, I played volleyball last night. It was the first time I really didn't feel like going because I was just so tired. But as soon as I got there, it was okay. I played for 1.5 hours and with 2-on-2 we're getting really good. My teammate and I were able to do 1-2-over on 95% of our returns, and though I struggled, I am getting my serve back--I have an arm problem that has made it difficult for me to do my good overhand serve. That was a great way to end off the week before my little break.

Alright, have a nice day everyone and like me, keep your chins up!

No comments: