Monday, March 22, 2010

Garlic central: Vampires beware

Dear diary,

I am enjoying quiet time at home. No music, no TV, just the sound of the oven vent sucking up evaporated water.

I am making dinner with the last of everything I have at my fingertips. I have marinated some shrimp with lime, salt, pepper, a dash of balsamic and garlic, and intend to cook that with linguine (currently cooking) with garlic, butter, salt and pepper, for a nice fresh taste. I am also using my last tomato and head of Boston lettuce and walnuts as a side salad. Inspired by my friend's dressing the other day, I made a dressing with: Olive oil, balsamic/red wine/white vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, Dijon and crushed garlic. It tastes amazing. I even made way more than I need so I can use it later on.

I am deeply excited about this random assortment of scraps that I've concocted into a dish, or will shortly. It is all going to taste mostly like garlic, with a bit of acidity, whether in the form of vinegar or lime, and should be really crisp.

I bought myself a Laura Secord French Mint chocolate bar for dessert...I just needed it okay!!

Oh and diary, I had a Quizno's tomato-basil soup and chicken sammie for lunch, a reasonably sized and not unhealthy lunch I believe.

It's been a crazy day, so I am off. Have to eat, paint a mirror, then get onto a side project I am doing so I can get that done and watch TV for a bit and shut off the old noggin'

No comments: