Monday, January 11, 2010

The yellow brick road

Hey y'all!

I am mentally preparing myself for my workout today, because I am very unmotivated. However, I thought I should share a couple of the small things I am doing as a lead in to this challenge.

1. I have put a ban on my elevator at home, so now I take the stairs only (I forgot going down today, but walked up).
2. I am still Diet Coke free but ate bread today. It's okay, I am only cutting back on bread and I made my tuna sandwich using far less mayo than usual :)
3. Thinking positively. Trying to remind myself every day that it's okay if I am still fat today, that it takes time and work to get where I want to be.
4. Preparing healthy snacks for moments when I am compelled to eat. Today I cleared out my fridge of a few unhealthy and mouldy things, and cut up carrots to munch on.
5. Planning ahead: I do not really enjoy cooking, so preparing food in advance really isn't a strong point for me, but I am already thinking about what I'll make for lunch tomorrow and dinner tonight (I've been thinking about it since lunch, when I wasn't hungry).

Alright, enough stalling, I am off to the gym now that Oprah's over ha!

**Okay, I did a great workout today (yay me!) I did 30 mins on the treadmill and then 15 minutes of weights, legs and yes, abs. It was intense! Then I followed that with a basic salad with oil and vinegar, two tiny potatoes and a piece of peppercorn trout. I think I'm getting there, very slowly.