Friday, January 8, 2010

Holey Jeans and Button Pops

You can tell I'm new to this...I forgot to explain my blog title.

Over the course of my life, I have steadily gained weight. My (sizeable) thighs have seen many a pair 'o' jeans in their days, but with the ever-expanding flesh beneath them comes exponential growth in the frequency of tears.

While I know jeans aren't built as tough as they used to be, it is not normal that holes have started to appear alarmingly soon after purchase. My jeans used to last at least six to eight months before the inevitable thigh rip would appear. Now, on average, they last about three months. This is a clear enough sign for me that something needs to change. Especially the bulge that peeks through to remind me that I need to supersize.

Same goes for popping buttons on coats. I am a chesty girl, but never have so many buttons popped and shirts stretched as in the past few months. This has gotten out of control. Especially since I have a growing paranoia of ending up looking like I'm from rural USA...

No comments: