Monday, January 18, 2010

Most depressing day of the year?

As you may or may not have heard through one of your many Facebook friends, today is supposedly the most depressing day of the year. I don't know about you guys, but it certainly felt like the most annoying day...I don't know what got into people today, but I have seen random people lash out at total strangers for really no reason today. Work was also particularly strange today and everyone seemed on edge. I would redub it the most disconnected crazy day of the year.

On a lighter note, my motivation was high this morning for my workout. Although not very long, my workout was more intense than usual for me when I am so sleepy on the stationery bike. Of course Mr. 6 a.m. treadmill was there, so I couldn't ease into things with a light walk, but I stepped up my pedalling to spite it all ha!

I started my post-gym morning with a nice fruit smoothie with raspberry, fresh pineapple, strawberries, plain yogurt and a dash of pomegranate juice (jealous?). For lunch, leftover Hawaiian pizza in perhaps larger quantities than I should have, but finished off my day with a nice, homemade vegetable potage generously donated by my good friend. I think my diet is pretty balanced at this point. In a week I will probably amplify my efforts with further cutbacks on bread. I have been avoiding excessive pasta and potatoes, but the bread is my true "bread and butter" for lack of a more original expression.

I am off to bed early tonight so I can move further along in my book du jour. So wish me luck hauling arse to the gym tomorrow in the dark winter morning, because I lose momentum as the week progresses (hence the taking Thursdays off).

In the words of one of my favourite co-workers: Hasta banana!

No comments: