Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sleepin' in!

What's better than sleeping in on a Saturday morning, in a warm bed when it's freezing outside? I'll tell you what...Nothing!

With all this early-bird working out I've been up to, I haven't been able to do my traditional Saturday sleep-in for a few weeks. I have had much more energy mind you, but I just love sleeping in in my ultra-quiet apartment, waking up to do chores around the house in silence, and slowly ease into my day. So today I managed to force myself to keep falling asleep until I felt sufficiently over-rested. I have been running around doing the floors, kitchen, laundry, etc...it's just great!

Last night I went to a restaurant where my friends and I are regulars and ordered something new: the Exotic salad, which consisted of lettuce, Camembert, prosciutto, tomatoes, cucumbers, apples, melon, almonds, grapefruit, oranges and a great vinaigrette. It was incredible. Being the salad lover that I am, I'm always thrilled to discover a new, delicious salad that's beyond the regular caesar, Greek or house.

Well, I will probably eat homemade brunch shortly and then head to the gym this afternoon since all my disgusting gym clothes desperately need washing. For now, it's back to my household duties. I wish you all a warm and sunny Saturday afternoon inside your homes!!

No comments: