Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tropical winter

Hi!

I managed to get to bed at 10 p.m. last night, since I finished The Lovely Bones earlier in the evening. This means that I was able to get up at 6 a.m. instead of 6:15, and be at the gym by 6:07. I did 20 minutes on the bike and 20 on the treadmill,that's right, you heard me, the treadmill!

Mr. 6 a.m. treadmill got off earlier than usual so I decided to switch it up and do a longer workout. I did 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of legs, arms, abs and core. Now I am enjoying a tropical-flavoured smoothie (pineapple, banana, plain yogurt and the not-so-tropical strawberry).

Last night I also cooked myself a perfect medium-rare steak, accompanied by some avocado and tomato with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Tonight I am going to try my hand at spaghetti squash. It looks easy enough and I am really excited about tasting it. If it's good, it will fit the bill to replace the omnipresent pasta in my diet. Lunch today will be vegetable soup, though I am liable to change my mind.

Also, I've lost another pound. I don't want to get too excited because my progress is slow, and I still have to push myself further, but for the first two weeks I think I've been doing really well. I will build discipline as I build motivation. So, I may not have yet reached my goal of 5 lbs in two weeks, but I am almost halfway there. In life you've gotta look at what you do have, not what you don't (that's what I try to tell myself anyway, but it doesn't always work).

Have a great day everyone, too-da-loo!

No comments: