Sunday, January 10, 2010

The morning after

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey! Or should I say eggs and ham?

Last night was a blast, and I stuck to my plan of ordering what I chose earlier in the day. I did drink with my girls though (and half of the Habs), and am feeling a little blah. We met up for brunch and I had the traditional American breakfast, but I didn't eat the toast and I gave away most of my potatoes and replaced the bacon/sausage with ham. That's a start at least.

Now I need a nap, then I can head down to the gym.

My blog is still garnering very positive feedback, mainly in the form of great ideas for different ways to achieve my goals. For this week, I am easing my way into it with short workouts and cutting back on Diet Coke and bread. I am also trying to integrate more vegetables into my daily diet (I eat a lot, but usually all at once).

I welcome anyone else who is so inclined to join me in this challenge. It doesn't have to be a physical goal, but setting a personal objective to meet by June 15. It could be anything from signing up for a class or going skydiving, to losing weight or being more active.

Personally, I am trying to decide on tangible, measurable targets. I am aiming to lose 5lbs in the next two weeks, which should be completely doable. I will up the ante as I go. Ideally, within six months I think I should be able to reach half my target of being 150 lbs (which means I need to lose about 16lbs in 6 months, which is a very attainable goal). I will leave the other 16 lbs as a target for the other 6 months of 2010. I am not only evaluating my weight, but losing that weight will have many positive impacts on my general health, emotional state and concentration.

Alright, that's enough blabbering on for now. Nap time, then gym, then getting some work done. Later gators!

**Went to the gym: 27 mins running/walking, 10 minutes of weights and floor work. [aside: I feel like a little old lady when I shake my way through abs...does anyone hate abs as much as me? I think not!]

1 comment:

Babs said...

I will join you on your weight loss journey and also try to lose 16 pounds by June 15, and maybe another 9 in the following 6 months. For now, I am trying to eat right, and as soon as my doctor okays regular exercise, workouts.