Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gotta Guetta

Hi! I hope you're all enjoying your trips to work, or otherwise, your time still in bed!

I did not go workout this morning, so I got an extra hour of sleep, ah la dolce vita!

Yesterday I was taking out my aunt to a nice restaurant (the one with my favourite dessert) so I spent all day prepping my stomach so that I could eat what I want. I had a bowl of cereal in the morning, a vegetable salad for lunch, and a handful of cranberries in between. All this so I could eat salmon with some mashed potatoes, steal a few fries from my aunt, and eat the butterscotch/sea salt fondant...It was so worth it!

Since my dessert was accompanied by coffee, I wasn't sure I would go workout this morning. It would depend on how I slept. I slept long enough to get up and go workout, but not well enough. So, tonight I have volleyball to compensate for that, and perhaps I'll workout tomorrow.

I haven't lost any more weight sadly. I have simply put on and re-lost one pound all week. It is surprising because in the past, I would lose about 10lbs right off the bat and then plateau, then it would take another 3-4 months to really lose any significant weight. I'm a little worried that I won't make my target, but all I can do is continue what I'm doing. I try not to focus too much on weight, since my goal is to improve my overall well-being, not just my BMI.

Last weekend I bought David Guetta's cd One Love to run to. Unfortunately, multiple technical problems are keeping me from uploading it to my iPod. Hopefully I will get to enjoy that soon, it's great for working out!

Anyway, I am pumped, once again, for volleyball and am very glad my team decided they want to play once a week instead of every two. We're going to start getting good!

Have a wonderful day, this week's almost over!

2 comments:

Robin-Ann said...

Maybe the fact that your body is not losing weight as per its usual routine is a good sign. Dropping 10 lbs immediately and then plateauing is probably not the best way to do it. Don't worry about the numbers and just continue to focus on your good habits.

Babs said...

Ok, here is how I lost the pregnancy weight after Noa (and I will start this any day now myself... seriously):

1. Eat breakfast
2. Eat protein every meal and snack
3. Eat only one serving of high-fibre whole grains per day (this is the hardest part)
4. Eat colourful fruits and vegetables throughout your day, but only two servings of fruit
5. Eat a sprinkling of good fat every meal and snack
6. Drink 8 glasses of water per day
7. Do not drink alcohol
8. Do not eat past 7 p.m.
9. Minimize toxic stress
10. No crap (sugar, saturated or trans fats, refined flours...)