Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Succ-etti!

I did it! I made my very first spaghetti squash.

It was a bit undercooked, but with some decent tomato sauce I liked it! A friend came over to test out the new grub too and we made garlic and butter shrimp to accompany it. I saved some of the shrimp for lunch tomorrow, and I just took the roasted squash seeds out of the oven and am enjoying a nice treat!

On the menu for dinner tomorrow: Swiss chard and fish probably.

For lunch I did have a bowl of vegetable soup and half of a grilled cheese, tomato and ham sandwich.

I've been having severe cravings for something bad for me, but I went out and bought some dark chocolate with almonds to appease myself. I didn't overdo it, so I'm happy. Maybe in a few weeks when I've lost a few more pounds I will treat myself to a (small) bowl of Laura Secord French Crisp ice cream, or 70% dark chocolate gelato from Havre aux glaces...for now, I need more work.

Sweet dreams everyone. Eat your vegetables!

No comments: