Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bones, meat and muscle

Wow, what a day!

I got home last night from a bar at 2 a.m. and decided to pick up my latest obsession, the book The Lovely Bones. I read it until 4 a.m., and I cannot wait to pick it up again tonight to finish it off. It is great since it is mildly dark and twisted, and I like dark and twisted. Which brings me to my next point...

A friend and I went to see the Bodies exhibit this afternoon and oh what a trip it was! It turned out to be pretty disturbing, but enlightening all the same. Who knew a seven-week-old foetus has a face and hands and feet. And here I thought it looked like a little cashew!

After the exhibit, I told myself there's no way I'll be eating ham or pork ribs any time soon, since the muscles and ribs closely resemble two of my favourite foods, and then I found myself eating a homemade Hawaiian pizza with fresh deli-sliced BLACK FOREST HAM! Ha! Oh how quickly we forget, oh and, old habits die hard.

And last but not least, I did some grocery shopping today. I bought a bunch of stuff I have never bought to add variety to my veggies. For example, I picked up some Swiss chard and a spaghetti squash, so we'll see how that pans out this week. For tonight I made myself that oh-so-yummy pizza (I used all healthy ingredients, including skim milk mozza). I started that off with an endive salad with clementine pieces, olive oil, cracked pepper and cider vinegar, so this week is off to a great start!

Alright, I hope you are all still working toward your respective goals. Keep me posted on your progress and have a fantastic week!

No comments: