Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yeehaw!

Howdy y'all! I'm feelin' a lil' bit country, lil' bit rock'n'roll right now, so pardon the accent!

Yesterday, as promised, was my day off. I got to sleep an extra hour before work, now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

For breakfast yesterday, I treated myself to my favourite treat, a fruit smoothie (mango, banana, raspberry, strawberry and pomegranate juice). I didn't bring a lunch to work, so I went to Quizno's for their Honey Bourbon chicken sandwich (small, whole wheat, no chips, no pop, just watah!), which has less than 7 grams of fat. By the way, can someone tell me what's a lot of fat and what's not (gram-wise), because to be frank, I have no idea.

Dinner was great! I made dill cognac salmon (no, I didn't marinate it myself, it's President's Choice frozen salmon, which is fantastic because it tastes just like fresh fish if you prepare it properly). I had a very large side of Swiss chard and yellow peppers with garlic, olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Delicious! Apparently, Swiss chard is the healthiest leafy green also.

This morning I woke up at around 9 a.m., and headed to the gym for an hour-long workout. I'm feeling a little bloated, if you catch my drift, so I felt like I was wearing a fanny-pack full of quarters, but I still managed to do running/walking for 35 minutes, and 20 minutes of arms, abs, lunges and stretching. Today I will probably have some eggs and fruit and yogurt for breakfast, but I need to shower first!

I have seen a difference in my heart rate, my strength, and most importantly my motivation. Without the blog, and all of you who read it, I don't think I would be at the point I'm at now so soon. I am actually SELF-MOTIVATED, at least I think. I sometimes have fits of "mania" where I am super hyperactive and then it goes away, but I think this is for real. I haven't lost much weight yet, but it's coming, I can feel in my fingers, feel in it my toes...lalalala!

Alrighty cowboys and cowgirls, y'all have yerselves a fine Saturday ya-hear!

Over and out.

No comments: