Friday, January 8, 2010

Brutal honesty policy

Okay...final post for today.

I am posting the following because I want to make myself accountable to the Blog. Also, because I want to track my progress quantitatively, not just purely based on my mood on June 15!

Current weight: 184.6 lbs (I'm lighter in the morning...cringe!)
Waist size: 36 inches
Hips/belly: 41 inches
Butt: 43 inches
Rib cage: 32 inches
Chest: 37 inches
Neck: 13.5 inches

*Bear in mind these are approximate measures taken tonight using a shoelace and measuring tape :). I am not brave enough to post my thigh circumference yet, don't judge.

So many girls are afraid to mention their weight, even when they are slim. I know that as a chubby girl, I'm afraid of a lot of things:

a) people knowing my real weight
b) people seeing me eat bad food and judging based on false assumptions
c) people seeing me be lazy

I am learning as I grow up that I am not supposed to care about these things. The only way to not care about what people think, for someone like me who worries unnecessarily about many things, is to put everything out there. Like going on a nude beach to conquer the fear of being looked at, or jumping off a bridge tied to an elastic to conquer the fear of being a boring person.

Okay, I think three posts is enough for tonight. Don't want to use up all my enthusiasm in one night, I have to remember that I have this blog in the morning. Remind me to go to the gym :)

No comments: