Sunday, July 4, 2010

Still at a standstill

Wow, two weeks or a week or something have gone by (and in reality two months) and I have still not lost a pound. I have not gained a pound though, so that's good. I am maintaining most of my good habits. The main thing is that when one thing goes off balance, my whole routine is off.

I need to regain control of my eating. I hardly cook right now, and it is partly because I've been mildly down and not feeling like cleaning, so my kitchen isn't appealing. If I have to clean to cook, only to have to clean again, I am not interested. If I don't eat at home I eat with others, late, so the scale is off. Then, when I am out late all week, I don't get to bed by 10:30, which makes it virtually impossible to get up at 5:55 am to hit the gym.

The good thing is I get a ton of exercise anyway with volleyball, volunteering (I walked for 4 hours yesterday), walking to-from work and during lunches, zumba classes and all the other walking I do to get downtown to meet up with friends.

Life is chaotic. I haven't gone into details because I don't necessarily want everyone who was reading this blog to know exactly how I have been feeling over the past year. But let's just say I have been slowly emerging from a period of fairly severe depression, and for various reasons I have had to avoid thinking about much that's happening around me (because it would not change the fact that it's happening), and in this process of denial, the sadness is coming out in all kinds of bizarre ways. The depression is subsiding, and thanks to working out and eating well and taking things a little more slowly, I am feeling better about most things. I have also managed not to get so upset about not losing anymore weight that I start regaining. That is a huge victory for me.

Here is the great news: I am going to do the Game On! challenge with 3 other women. If you haven't heard of it, check out the book The Game On! Diet. It's a challenge to get in shape that is based on points instead of pounds lost, and it structures everything from how many meals you eat a day, to how much exercise to bad habits. It sounds more complicated than it is (for me at least since I am already doing most of the things involved), and it is NOT a specific diet! It's 4 weeks and you are strongly encouraged to badmouth your opponents (in a friendly competition way), which makes it all the more worthwhile. I am hoping this will give me the boost in motivation I have been needing for a month now.

Alright, I am off to meet a friend for brunch. My challenge starts Monday, July 12th, but I am going to try to start implementing all the strategies this week to get prepared.

Have a great week everyone.

No comments: