Monday, July 12, 2010

so far, so good.

Okay, Day 1 done. I lost 6 points for forgetting to include carbs in one of my five meals, argh! However, I lost no other points and am pretty impressed with myself for that!

I just prepared my meals for tomorrow: same breakfast as today (and I think I'll make this my "thing" for simplicity's sake), for two of my snacks I have low-fat cheese (protein), a fruit (carb: 1 banana and 1 apple), some walnuts (fat) and my vegetable will likely be salad since it's already made :). My other meal consists of spinach, almonds, chopped up sandwich ham and pineapple, which covers all the meal groups. I opted for fruits as carbs because there's only so much rice and quinoa I can handle, and I like to save the bread as a treat. I am not sure what I will do for dinner, but perhaps shrimp.

Dinner tonight looked terrible but tasted pretty good: grilled red peppers and tomatoes with sea salt and cracked pepper, 2 scrambled egg whites, a piece of bread with almond butter and a few more glasses of watahhhhh! And my meal requirements are done for the day!

The only forseeable problem for me are my wednesday nights, when I don't have a whole lotta time to prepare things, but I should still have some salad left to use, and perhaps I will go for tuna sandwiches or some other simple thing. I should hardboil some eggs for the end of the week.

In any case, I am pretty shocked I lost points, but equally shocked I didn't lose more. We'll see how I fare the rest of the week....ugh!

No comments: